Saturday, March 9, 2013

St. Patrick's Day ... words of faith from the patron saint

This St. Patrick’s Day, may you be blessed by the story, faith and words of

Ireland’s patron saint, St. Patrick.

St. Patrick was a priest ... and later a bishop ... who risked death by
daring to spread the Gospel. St. Patrick was the first to use the
three-leafed shamrock to represent the Trinity.

The story of St. Patrick can be read here:
http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=89

Some of St. Patrick’s words can be viewed here:
http://www.moodycatholic.com/Saint_Prayers_St_Patrick.html

Excerpts from St. Patrick’s prayers can inspire and encourage us to ask for God’s
direction and to delight in, and count on, God’s Presence in our daily lives …

from St. Patrick
May the Strength of God pilot us.
May the Power of God preserve us.
May the Wisdom of God instruct us.
May the Hand of God protect us.
May the Way of God direct us.
May the Shield of God defend us.
May the Host of God guard us.
Against the snares of the evil ones.
Against temptations of the world.

May Christ be with us!
May Christ be before us!
May Christ be in us,
Christ be over all!
May Thy Salvation, Lord,
Always be ours,
This day, O Lord, and evermore. Amen.

(and portions from another prayer:)
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down, Christ when I sit down,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of every man who speaks of me,
Christ in the eye that sees me,
Christ in the ear that hears me.

I arise today
Through a mighty strength,
the invocation of the Trinity,
Through a belief in the Threeness,
Through a confession of the Oneness
of the Creator of creation.
              St. Patrick (ca.377)

This St. Patrick’s Day, perhaps you will have an opportunity
to wear “the shamrock” and to give thanks for the blessing of The Trinity …

God's abudant blessings to you and yours today and all the days after …
May His Presence be very near to you and yours today ...
and may you delight in that faithful and loving Presence...
Karen

1 comment:

Karen said...

I would love to share some words by our daughter, Kristin, from her St. Patrick's Day blog post ... http://socreated.wordpress.com/

you will be blessed ... Karen
(Moments Publishing)